Do you have Hina dolls? If you are a girl, I bet you do.
If you have the 7 level stand (７段), I would be impressed!
Here are some words and sentences to explain Hina dolls and the festival.
- The Emperor お内裏様（おだいりさま）
- The Empress お雛様（おひなさま）
- Three court ladies 三人官女（さんにんかんじょ）
- Five musicians 五人囃子（ごにんばやし）
- Hina Festival or Doll Festival is on Mach 3.
- It’s the day to pray for girls’ well-being and happiness.
- Families with girls display dolls called Hina dolls, and they are in beautiful kimonos.
- Families eat special sushi called chirasi-zushi, and also eat pink rice cake called Sakura mochi.
Have a great Hina Festival, everyone!